Friday, September 09, 2005

A Day Trip to Penang

A business phone call came and I had to go to Penang. I haven't been there for three years. So I looked forward positively to the trip although it was only for a day.

I reached Penang at 11 am via the scenic Penang Bridge. The appointment was to be at 2.30 pm, so I still had some time to rushed to the sea-side to enjoy the sea breeze. The weather was hot and I reached the Maimi beach only to see it was quiet. I took a short stroll and bought a can of 100 Plus from the stall-operator.

"Today, the beach is quiet. No people-wan?" I asked
"Ya-lah. Working day-mah. Afterwards evening, people will come." he said.
"Why no 'guay-low' here?" I asked further.
"Ya-lor. very few of them compare to last time. But now got some Arabs come." he said.
"So business okay?" I enquired.
"Not so-lah. 'Guay-low' come and enjoy and so speed-boat people got business, parachute-boat people are happy, We are happy too. The Arabs come here and see, see only. Difficult-lah." he explained.

I left the beach and quickly put a stop at LOrong Selamat for the Sister 'fried kway-teow'. The impact of the inflation must have been felt as a small plate costs RM5.00 but it is delicious. An iced-cool glass of Nutmeg juice helped to drain down the spice.

I then drove to Bayan Baru to fulfill my appointment.

After that I took the trip back via the ferry. As it was only 4.00 pm, the passenger portion of the ferry was quite quiet with a handful of people unlike before where it was always full of people. How things have changed. Penang has quiet down a little unlike those bustling moments I had experienced years ago.


6 Comments:

Blogger Su Zen said...

lol spam. i went to penang as well, it was bustling when i went tho. maybe coz u went at a non-holidays period =]

12:40 AM  
Blogger Jac38king said...

Su, ya-lor. Perhaps if it is the school holidays, there'll be a larger crowd. I'm going to abide your 1 week no-comment on yr blog. The spasm ahhhh...

7:31 PM  
Blogger kiasi said...

Penang is now very quiet already. They mostly crowded at the Gurney Plaza there. Things aren't cheap also (besides the pirated DVD which costs RM4 for one).

11:26 PM  
Blogger kiasi said...

Sorry, the place where they sell the pirate DVD for one is at Batu Feringghi.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Jac38king said...

Thanks Su ansd Kiasi,

Certainly Penang has quiet down a bit.

6:45 AM  
Blogger Su Zen said...

jacking a.. lol what 1 week no comment on my blog? did i make a rule without knowing i made one?

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home