Wednesday, July 13, 2005

At the Mamak stall

One evening , after a nice wonderful teh tarik session with a friend, I called out for the boss, " Taukeh, mai kira."

Without any calculator, he displayed his mental calculation abilities, "Ya, taukeh.. ene...teh....rene.... semua tujuh ringgit empat puluh sen .." he said with the wildest smile.

"Ya-kah... ada kira salah-kah.." I asked him.

"Oh...solilah....ene...teh .....rene.....ahh...tujuh ringgit lapan sen saja....tadi ada kira salah sikitlah." he smiled again.

"Apalah lu kira....teh tarik dua ...dua ringgit...roti telur dua....tiga ringgit.....tosai, satu ...RM1.20 ....semua enam ringgit dua puluh sen," I told him. "saya selalu datang makan sini tau..."

"Aiyah...solilah....tadi saya kira..saya punya kepala sakit.. yalah ...Rm6.20 saja." he quickly corrected himself and put on again his wildest smile.

I paid the money and left with my friend. Hmm...isn't this sound familiar at the mamak stall.

3 Comments:

Blogger kiasi said...

Headache is one of their excuse. Sometimes they will say no calculator lah, busy lah, this lah, that lah.

Usually Malalsia stalls work in this way:
Mamak : overcharge
Chinese : Very accurate
Malay : Undercharge
And that's why I prefer Malay stall.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Jac38king said...

This is Malaysia-mah. Different people got different ways of doing business. Thanks for dropping by.

1:11 AM  
Blogger Su Zen said...

lol that's why i always bring my calculator with me. jk no one wanna hang out with me if i do that >.<

o ya finally found ur blog

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home